What is tally all about?
What is the tally all about? Suppose, my tally is 500. What does it mean?
What can and shall I do with the tally?
The blog I need help with is randomizer144.wordpress.com.
Where do your see this “tally” appearing?
For example, I got a System message:
“Congratulations on getting 500 total likes on WISIWIS (What I See Is What I Shoot).
Your current tally is 606.”
And tally is mentioned in all messages of this kind.
My blog is less than three weeks old.
Tally = 606 – is it a good progress or a stagnation? )))
And what it is for?
Aha! that’s “the nanny”. . You can disable/enable it here > Dashboard > Users > Personal Settings http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/get-instant-feedback-when-you-publish/
I saw at your blog Bloggers buttons. How can I add such a button to my blog? I have found no way yet to do so. (((
Exactly which buttons do you mean? Do you mean these? http://en.support.wordpress.com/sharing/
To the right from red heart illustration…
You join social networks of your own choosing. You capture images of the social networking icons there. Then you upload them into your blog and link them to your profile on each site and display them in a text widget.
Thanks! I will try!
My next question…
How can I assess my progress in getting followers and likes and visits a day… Are there any benchmarks, performance indexes? How to see where I am?
There are no such benchmarks. There are zillions of blogs in zillions of niches and Apples to Oranges comparisons are utterly useless. New Bloggers frequently become fixated on stats watching. Don’t waste you time on that — devote it to commenting.
To increase traffic note that reciprocity is alive and well in the blogosphere. Social networking is strictly give to get. It takes months of posting frequently to attract viewers who will actually submit comments. The best way to get comments on your own posts is to leave meaningful comments on blogs with similar content to what’s in your own blog. Set a goal of commenting on “X” number of blogs weekly and carry through.
On the bottom of your Admin page you will find a link to the Learn WordPress.com blogging Tutorial prepared by Staff. http://learn.wordpress.com/
The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page.
These 5 videos introduce how Google discovers, crawls, indexes your site’s pages, and how Google displays them in search results. It also touches lightly upon challenges webmasters and search engines face, such as duplicate content http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2010/03/22/5google-webmasters-video-tutorials/
If you are using a WordPress.com theme good SEO is a given. However, going beyond the theme what the blogger has done within that structure is worth evaluating. Whether you write informative, persuasive or controversial content learning how search engines work, and how to apply basic SEO to you content will benefit your blog as it will increase traffic from targeted readers. http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2011/10/21/two-seo-videos-for-bloggers/
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
This forum is only for providing support for issues with software and learning how to use it. It cannot be used to chat with other bloggers. That’s why I’m flagging this thread for closure. https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/forums-housekeeping?replies=1
About the button!
Here is the address of the button from the BLoggers.com
Where should I to insert it to use on my blog?
When I try to insert an image link, I fail! Nothing happens.
How to add this button?
You are my Angel! ))))))
Thanks a lot. I will try, I have a lot of work ahead of me…
The topic ‘What is tally all about?’ is closed to new replies.