What is the process for viewers to subscribe?
Hi Peter –
The blog subscription widget gives your readers the option to receive emails notifications when you publish a new post. They aren’t joining any community or creating a WordPress.com account when they subscribe using the blog subscriptions widget – it is just to receive email notifications.
There are a couple of ways to subscribe to a blog:
1. By adding a blog subscription widget as you have already done. The steps to subscribe:
* Click on the widget button (your button currently reads “I’m ready to join”).
* If they don’t have a WordPress.com account, then they will be prompted to enter their email address.
* They will receive a confirmation email.
* WordPress.com users do not need enter their email address if they are logged in to their account.
For more information please see http://en.support.wordpress.com/widgets/blog-subscription-widget/.
2. RSS links widget: this widget gives your readers the option to subscribe to your blog via RSS (using an RSS reader like Google Reader). You can add this widget through your widgets page (Appearance > Widgets). You can learn more about this widget at http://support.wordpress.com/widgets/rss-links-widget/.
3. WordPress.com Subscriptions: we have a built-in subscription option for WordPress.com users that let’s them subscribe to a blog by selecting the “Subscribe” button in their user menu. Please see http://support.wordpress.com/subscriptions/#subscribing-to-a-blog.
The topic ‘What is the process for viewers to subscribe?’ is closed to new replies.