Where is my 2010 in review?

• Author

Well, then hopefully staff will respond soon.

ma44hew

I have received a response from WordPress basically saying it has only gone to a selection of blogs. Here is the email:

We wanted to make absolutely sure that the blogs that received these recap emails had the right mix of activity to make it likely their authors actually wanted them.

Knowing how offensive it can be to receive an unwanted email, we only picked very few blogs to get the email, blogs we were sure would most definitely be thrilled with the annual recap email. The bottom-line is, our helper monkeys were afraid to email blogs unless they had a mixture of many different activities.

Ummm, not sure what to say about that.

raincoaster

Ah, that’s interesting. Yes, I certainly received it for my most active blogs.

ma44hew

The thing that confused me about that is 2 of my 3 blogs get updated around every 1 or 2 weeks which i would consider frequent enough to receive this while blogs such as your “The Sacred Path” may only get updated once a month yet you still received it.

Oh well, maybe ill just have to wait till next year!

raincoaster

TSP has a lot more posts though, doesn’t he?

ma44hew

Oh year, your right they must have done it over total amount of posts as I often delete my older posts to keep things such as my “tag cloud”showing the right size for each bit of news to keep it up to date in comparison to other bits.

I was kind of surprised I got one given what staff told @ma44hew and given I’ve wagged my finger at Automattic et al on more than one occasion.

@ma44hew, I can forward mine to you if you like. :-)

ma44hew

Im ok thanks,

I have already received one of a freind of mine

bats0711

My review isn’t correct. It says I have only 13 new posts for 2010 and well that’s just wrong.

mynokiablog

Is this the first time they did it? I only received my first one this year and it may be the last since I’m not on wp.com any more (will miss it)

Very intriguing what actually pulls in the numbers, post, referrals.
    Might have to start a new wp.com blog to get one :p

macmanx
    Staff

Here’s a semi-official response about the annual reports from the data team, a.k.a. “the stats helper monkeys”:

We wanted to make absolutely sure that the blogs that received these recap emails had the right mix of activity to make it likely their authors actually wanted them.

Knowing how offensive it can be to receive an unwanted email, we only picked a few blogs to get the email, blogs we were sure would most definitely be thrilled with the annual recap email. The bottom-line is, our helper monkeys were afraid to email blogs unless they had a mixture of many different activities.

Clearly we made some mistakes, and we’ll fix them next year.

auxclass

Well it is novel a company worried about sending out too many email’s – the other part is the sheer number of emails if one were sent for each blog – WordPress.com would need to be careful not set off every spam alarm in the universe. Cute graph!

timethief

@macmanx
    Thanks for the clarification. I will not send in a support ticket.

macmanx
    Staff

You’re welcome!

timethief

BTW! You rock! :)

macmanx
    Staff

Aww, thanks! :)

I would like this report for my 8 months here so far, how can I get it?

timethief

mmtairo

Why don’t they install the ‘auto post’ feature in one’s dashboard so that someone can create the post as and when they wish?

The topic ‘Where is my 2010 in review?’ is closed to new replies.