Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Widget

1. davidkiddhewitt

Hi - Thanks for such a good experience signing up with wordpress, I am really enjoying it.
    I have, however, been unsuccessful in making the goodreads widget work and now 15 blogs in, I thought I'd try to solve it again. I have read all the other assistance pieces on this topic and the helpful instructions and also contacted goodreads to check my ID - they supplied me with the two ID's I already have used without success, that is: 1405870 and 58908356. and have confirmed there is no issue at their end. I have also tried another ID linked to a specific book 33294356.
    When goodreads is clicked on my wordpress site - whichever widget ID is used - the shared book recommendations/log-in page is brought up - just the goodreads home page really - nothing connected to me and my latest book The Cato Conundrum.
    I would like to solve this if possible,
    Thank you for your assistance,
    best wishes
    David Kidd-Hewitt

The blog I need help with is davidkiddhewitt.wordpress.com.

2. I tried adding it to a test page using the goodreads widget. I used the 589... number. When I set the goodreads widget at "Currently Reading" it displayed the title Cato Connection and that linked to this page at good reads:
    https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1854299166?utm_medium=api&utm_source=custom_widget

I think I could have refined my click to click on your name and it would have gone to an author page

3. davidkiddhewitt

Thanks for doing that for me houstonweaver, that was very kind. I am not too good yet with all possible the wrinkles about links and such.
    I'm have to to check-out for tonight in the UK and will start fresh tomorrow with your findings,
    Thanks so much
    David

4. davidkiddhewitt

Thanks again houstonweaver - I've changed as per your kind experiment and its fine - I didn't know I'd get a thumbnail of the cover etc. so great. I may twiddle a little more given that I have inadvertently put myself in a position of reading and reviewing my own book - but, hey - it's now a click
    away when it was zero before!
    Your help is much appreciated.
    Re: the weaving - I really like your "crafty things." Amazing skills.
    I used to visit Texas a lot in the '80's - based in Huntsville at SHSU because of my criminological work - miss the sights of Houston and surrounding countryside & amazing parks.
    David

5. Glad the goodreads worked for you. Yes Huntsville is just up the road from Houston.... far enough north to not have Hurricane worries...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags