Will My Newest Blog Be Seen?
My new entry into blogging at WordPress.Com is “The Liberal American.”
This one is not part of a purchased “Bundle” but is, for the time being, published as Free— I have purchased nothing! I have just put the blog together and started writing posts in it.
I might buy a bundle later or something, but I am also dreaming of the day I go over to WordPress.Org through a Hosting Company and run a blog from there….don’t ask me why because I realy do not know all that much about the Internet and how it works or anything else. Duhhh!
My question for the immediate “Now” is, “Will THE LIBERAL AMERICAN get published onto the Internet and will a lot of people have an opportunity to see it even though I have paid nothing for it?
Just interested—that’s all.
The blog I need help with is theliberalamerican.wordpress.com.
Yes – anyone can view it – the search engines will be told about your new blog each time you make a new Post
The trick is to make people aware that the new blog exists – see @timethief‘s site for how to build traffic
If you are referring to the blog linked to your username then the blog is “private”. So if you have blocked search engine access that means your content will not be indexed and publicly available. http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
This is the process we WordPress.com bloggers use to verify our blog ownership with the major search engines. http://en.support.wordpress.com/webmaster-tools/
Wordpress.com provides sitemaps nad there’s nothing you need to do.
It takes time for your content to be indexed by search engines and when that happens is strictly between you and the search engines. http://en.support.wordpress.com/search-engines/
The most important thing you can do to gain search engines attention is to publish original content posts frequently and here are the 10 factors that tend to expedite indexing of content by search engines.
On the bottom of your Admin page you will find a link to the Learn WordPress.com blogging Tutorial prepared by Staff. http://learn.wordpress.com/ The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page.
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
Actually, it’s a little-known fact, but your blog has more SEO, thus more attractiveness to search engines, if you DO NOT purchase a custom domain.
The topic ‘Will My Newest Blog Be Seen?’ is closed to new replies.