I was wondering if there’s anyone out there who has switched from WordPress.org to WordPress.com.
– Why did you make the change?
– How are things going today?
– Any other comments are welcome.
@bradborland these forums are more for tech support for the free sites here, so I don’t know whether you’ll get an answer from the community on this.
I can tell you what we’ve heard from folks who were on WordPress.com, then went to their own WordPress.org installations, and then came back. From my own observation, people like these features most:
– Direct support with paid plans
– Maintenance, security is taken care of
– Better connectedness via the WordPress.com reader
– Our servers handle heavy traffic gracefully
Does that help? If you have questions for staff, let us know.
You’re also welcome to check in the forums for self-managed installations:
Hoping this helps!
Just noting I’ve merged another unanswered but similar thread with this one.
Thanks so much! Yes, it does help.
One last thing: In your observation do many on WP.com run any sort of business? Are they satisfied in that regard as well?
We have quite a few big-name businesses here. :)
You can see a few listed at https://wordpress.com/activity/
The last I heard, they are quite happy.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.