WordPress.com app 1.2.7 isn't working properly

• Author

andersbateva

Hello. The newly released WordPress.com app 1.2.7 isn’t working fine. It opens 3 processes in my Windows, sometimes eats all my CPU, and I can’t add images on it, because the “select file” window is completely screwed. Everything is blank.

The blog I need help with is andersbateva.wordpress.com.

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi Anders.

A colleague of mine helped test the latest version of the app on Windows after reading your message, but wasn’t able to replicate the issues you mentioned.

We have, however, had similar reports from Windows users that were resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Would you be able to try that?

If that doesn’t help, please try going through the following steps to clear the app data directory relating to the app:

1. Change your settings to show hidden folders by default. This document has some good guidance on how to do that:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

2. Navigate to following directory: C:\Users\[windows username here]\AppData\Roaming\WordPress.com.

3. Delete that file.

Let me know how that goes or if any extra questions come up.

andersbateva

I re-installed, and appears to be working fine. But if the problem returns, then I will return to this thread.

siobhyb
    Staff

I’m glad to hear that it’s working correctly now! Please do let us know if the problem comes up again.

andersbateva

I noted that version 1.2.7 appears to handle CPU usage worser than 1.2.5. With the previous version, I had no problems, but this new randomly takes all my CPU and sometimes it releases it again.

siobhyb
    Staff

Thank you for the feedback. I have made a note of this for the development team behind the app and we’ll continue to work toward improving in future iterations.

andersbateva

Unfortunately the first problem is back. As I could not find a way to downgrade, I uninstalled the app and went back to using the browser client… Until a new version is released. How can I know when this happens?

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi Anders.

There isn’t currently a way to monitor new releases without having the app installed; we automatically push new releases out to the app itself.

Did you try clearing the clear the app data directory? That can be found at the following path: C:Users/[windows username here]/AppDataRoaming/WordPress.com.

That step has helped clear the troubles of others using the Windows app.

andersbateva

Aren’t these temporary files? Temporary files will be rebuilt later, and the problem will return…

siobhyb
    Staff

Hi Anders.

The issue you had is likely to have been caused by a single corrupt file within that directory. If you delete the directory then the problem shouldn’t come back. Please do let us know if it does though!

andersbateva

OK, I deleted all content and installed the app again. But if the problem returns, I won’t make any more tests, and will wait for a new version.

siobhyb
    Staff

Please do let me know if the problem comes up again, Anders.

andersbateva

Why it does open up at least 3 processes with the same name?

andersbateva

Argh, the problem is back!
    So I unstalled the app and will check for a update only on 1st May 2016. Bye!

The topic ‘WordPress.com app 1.2.7 isn't working properly’ is closed to new replies.