WP.com blog >> WP.org site
1. Can I work on my new blog in WP.com and then (when I’m happy with it) install the WP.org software and import the blog into the more sophisticated WP.org environment? Will I lose my theme automatically/straightaway?
2. Will I be able to apply more themes at WP.org, i.e. with menus at the top (so my blog can look a bit more website-like on its home page)?
3. Can I get ‘static pages’ on WP.com AND WP.org? I’ve read about problems with ‘static pages’ though…
thanks Ros. I did acxtually (maybe dense…)!
But I just wanted to check
* that I could import from .com to .org – and the Help
* didn’t explicitly say I could (that I could find)
* and I couldn’t find the reference to the possible static pages problem
sorry, this is all very new to me, I started my first blog yesterday!
1. You can import blog posts from .com to .org but not things like widgets or changes to CSS, etc. You’d have to do all that again. Not sure if you can import pages.
2. Yes. There are a LOT of wp.org themes available. Google to see. But also there are some wp.com themes that allow menus at the top (see my blog, for example)
3. Yes, you can have static pages here at wp.com and also at wp.org. There shouldn’t be any problems. What do you think might go wrong?
I read people were having problems with static pages in the latest .org software in the forums…
The topic ‘WP.com blog >> WP.org site’ is closed to new replies.