I was driving down the road just now and it suddenly dawned on me as to what the problem may be. I have a bad habit of making a short story long (it's a character flaw lol) but please bear with me as I try to develop the logic of my conclusion.
1. I do own a website http://www.flyover-press.com that is hosted at GoDaddy.
2. I initially attempted to set up a wordpress blog associated with that site.
3. At the time I was totally new to wordpress.
4. I set the bog up by logging on through GoDaddy's CPanel.
5. I named the blog FlyoverPress Blog
6. I did only a little work on it -- never got as far as posting anything.
7. Then I discovered that wordpress would actually host the blog so I set up another blog to be hosted by wordpress.
8. I also decided to use the wordpress hosted blog and abandoned the other. The web site hosted at Go Daddy has a completely different purpose from the wordpress hosted blog.
9. But I also noticed, when I log in and hover over the word "FlyoverPress" at the upper right tool bar, I see that I have two blogs.
10. I do not want two blogs.
11. I want to keep the wordpress hosted blog.
12. I want to delete the GoDaddy connected blog. (Apparently that is what you are referring to as wordpress.org -- I'm a little slow but eventually get there. lol)
13. I do not know how to go about doing that. Can you tell me how? I will toy around with it but would appreciate any suggestions.
14. Would this solve the problem?
16. How about if I went into the godaddy file manager and deleted the files in the "blog" folder? Would that solve the problem? There is no point in keeping them anyway.
Thanks and I hope this will get me going. I do appreciate your time.