Lancing College Preparatory School at Mowden is an independent Nursery, Pre-preparatory and Preparatory School for approximately 175 children between the ages of 3 and 13. The Head Master is a member of the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools. Mowden School, as it was originally known, was founded by Mr B A Snell at Mowden Hall, in Essex, in 1896. In 1901, it moved to Lansdowne Place, Hove and in 1913 moved again to its present site. Mr Edward Snell took over from his father in 1937 and, on his death in 1973, his son, Christopher, became Head Master. In September 2002, the School passed into the care of Lancing College and the current Head Master, Mr Alan Laurent, took over from the Snells. Although the house was purpose built for a preparatory school in 1913 by Christopher Snell¹s grandfather, there has been a continuing programme of modernisation and development. 'Lancing College Preparatory School at Mowden students publication' or 'Lancing Prep Pupils Magazine' has it is currently known is the leading and longest running student periodical for the Lancing College Preparatory School community.
Forum Role: Member
Topics Started: 0
Replies Created: 17
Member Since: December 30, 2008 (9 years)